Last Wednesday fellow Crimson Romance author Amanda L. V. Shalaby tagged me in a post that was part of The Next Big Blog Tour. Whee! I’m it! So that means it’s my turn to answer 10 basic questions about me and my writing. Here goes:
1) What is the working title of your next book?
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
I wanted to write a love story about an ugly duckling type whose transformation is more inner than outer because it’s hard for me to identify with romance heroines who have perfect heart-shaped faces and figures that are impossible outside of a plastic surgeon’s office.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Hmmm…maybe someone like Felicia Day for Shannon, partly because she’s a redhead and partly because she’s good at playing funny, awkward characters. And for Michael—for some reason I want to say Taylor Kinney. Don’t ask me why, but Lady Gaga would understand.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
An awkward wallflower pursues her former high school crush by enlisting an unlikely ally–his estranged ne’er-do-well brother–in a wary bargain that ends up transforming them both.
6) Who is publishing your book?
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Maybe around three months? I’m not sure exactly. Guess I need to keep better records. Or a diary.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I’m drawing a blank. Could be because I haven’t had time to sit down and read a book purely for pleasure in quite a while! And, no, that isn’t a shameless play for sympathy. Unless it’s working…
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I like unconventional heroines. I had a lot of fun creating this one!
10) What else about the book might pique the readers’ interests?
I reveal who really shot JFK. No, not really. But wouldn’t it be cool if I did?
And now I’m tagging these two wonderful authors:
Kimberly Lewis: http://kimberlylewisnovels.blogspot.com/
Abigail Sharpe: http://abigailsharpe.com/
Check them out next Wednesday!