I hope 2016 is off to a great start for you. It’s off to a busy one around here, and I don’t just mean where writing is concerned. Hubby and I are up to our necks in kitchen projects, and although we are hoping for a happy outcome, right now we’re a bit sore, achy, and quite possibly high on paint fumes. It’ll be interesting to see how the paint fumes affect my writing…
Got a few updates for you:
- There’s a chance that Amazon Encore will be putting the ebook version of The Bargain on sale on January 30th, so if you’re thinking of buying the book, you might want to hold out a few more days and see what happens to the price. Fingers crossed…
- I just found out that WordPress has not been alerting me to comments that folks have left on this website, so I apologize for late responses. Any time you have a question or comment, please do feel free to send me an email at email@example.com, and if you’ve had any trouble receiving your free ebook, be sure to check your spam folder. (Sometimes the email ends up there.)
- There’s new cover art on the way for my Heavenly Bites novellas! Seemed like it was time for an update.
- I’m close to wrapping up a draft of The Bloodline, a novelization of one of my screenplays that placed in screenwriting contests on both coasts. Still needs some polishing, but it’s getting there…
- I’m just about ready to dive into my next contemporary story. Looking forward to some love and laughter! 🙂
Take care out there, and if you’re an East Coaster, I hope you’re bundled up nice and warm!
Seems kind of fitting that I’m working on a ghostly haunted house story this Halloween. I suppose it will be less fitting if I’m still working on it by the time, say, Valentine’s Day rolls around, but maybe I can figure out a way to work in a spooky winged cherub if that happens. Might be the first of its kind… a new niche!
I thought I’d take a break from haunted houses and ghostly mysteries long enough to wish you all a happy Halloween, though. So… Happy Halloween! Here’s to happy and safe trick-or-treating, and to put you in the right mood for all those cutie pies in costumes who will be showing up at your door tonight, here’s a nice little dose of Halloween cuteness:
And now I must return to my writing cave and get back to work on…The Bloodline! Muahahahahaha!
(That was supposed to be evil laughter, just in case that part wasn’t clear.)
Have a happy holiday!
The results are in for another screenwriting contest I entered, the 2012 Screenplay Festival. They have a Grand Prize Winner and five Honorable Mentions in each of five categories: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Family, and Thriller/Horror. My screenplay The Bloodline is officially one of those five Honorable Mentions in the Thriller/Horror category, so I’m very happy about that! Don’t know if it will lead to any actual contacts who would be in a position to do anything with the script, but it’s still pretty exciting. I’m thinking about rewriting it as a novel and seeing if the screenwriting contests it’s won might make it a little more intriguing to publishers. We’ll see…
Hey, I just found out that my screenplay The Bloodline has made it to the quarterfinals of the Writers on the Storm screenwriting competition! Yay! The next round of placements will be next month, and in the meantime it’s just pretty cool to make it this far. Here’s a link to the blog listing the results, if you’re interested in checking them out. It’s the March 4th entry on their site.
I just found out that my screenplay The Bloodline has made it from the semifinals to the finals in the 2012 Screenplay Festival competition (http://screenplayfestival.com). Yippee! Of course, that doesn’t exactly clinch a movie deal or anything…but still:
I found out recently that one of my screenplays, The Bloodline, has made it to the semifinals of another screenplay contest, so I’m very excited. The results are posted at http://screenplayfestival.com. We’ll see what happens!