Valentine’s Day is nearly here, and if you’re still frantically trying to figure out the perfect way to celebrate, look no further! I’ve complied a list of ten delightful romantic activities to present to your significant other, each of which I think will result in a special occasion he or she will never forget. Even if they want to.
1. Sign up for tango lessons. Preferably with each other. Don’t forget to stretch first–nothing ruins a good tango like a pulled hammy.
2. Enjoy an elegant candlelight dinner on a luxurious yacht. I do recommend that you get permission from the owner of the yacht first, or at the very least, confirm ahead of time that your pookie pie can swim in case you two will need to dive overboard to avoid an angry boat owner.
3. Write an original poem for each other. Set parameters in advance so one partner does not present the other with an epic work of multiple verses only to discover that his or her sweetie has chosen to go with a limerick and a few questionable choices in rhyme.
4. Have a friend plan a “mystery date” for you and your honey bun. Be sure this friend is someone you trust completely and who does not owe you such a significant amount of money that he or she would benefit if you never returned from said mystery date.
5. Discover the hidden romance in yodeling. In public. Go ahead, I dare you.
6. Give dining at a revolving restaurant a try. Do pack Dramamine in case something goes horribly wrong.
7. Play matchmaker with your single friends. For added fun, do it without their knowledge and then laugh and laugh and laugh…
8. Dance cheek-to-cheek. Which cheeks you use are entirely up to you.
9. Snuggle together with hot buttered rum in front of a roaring fire. If you or your sweetheart don’t drink, just have hot butter.
10. Role play “Pirate Captain” and “Saucy Wench.” Flip a coin to see who gets which role.
There you go! If those 10 activities don’t just scream “romance,” then I don’t know what does. Have a very happy Valentine’s Day! 😉